POWER STAMP ALLIANCE
The Power Stamp Alliance has been formed to define a standard product footprint and functions that provide a multiple-sourced, standard modular board-mounted solution for power conversion for 48Vin to low voltage, high current applications.
These 48V direct conversion DC-DC modules - or 'power stamps' - primarily target devices being used in large data centers (e.g. CPU, DDR, FPGA, ASIC), many of which are following the principles of the Open Compute Project (OCP).
Some of the first processor architectures to be addressed by the Power Stamp Alliance are the Intel VR13 Skylake CPUs, Intel VR13-HC Ice Lake CPUs, DDR memories, IBM POWER9 (P9) architecture processors and devices using the PMBus AVS protocol or SVID protocol.
48 V-TO-POL POWER STAMP
The MAIN and SATELLITE Power Stamp are isolated DC-DC converter that converts a 48V or 54V bus voltage into a low voltage suitable for typical server’s motherboard subsystems.
Key Features and Benefits
• Over 94% efficiency at 1.8Vout
• Over 91% efficiency at 1.0Vout
• Up to 140W continuous output power / 200W peak
• Up to 70A continuous output current / 100A peak
• Wide 40V to 60V input voltage range
• Power density exceeding 300W/in3
• Parallelable with automatic phase shedding
• Flat efficiency curve over wide load ranges
• Source and sink mode for fast transient response
• Isolated power train
• Secondary side fully digital control
• PMBUs with configurable AVS or Intel SVID interface
• Industry standard SMT package
• Reference designs for selected applications
TYPICAL INTEL VR13 HC CPU AND DDR4 MEMORY APPLICATION